Founded in 1957, the Child Guidance Clinic provides comprehensive mental health evaluation and treatment, crisis intervention and outreach services to children, adolescents and their families in the greater Meriden area.
The Child Guidance Clinic offers:
- Community-based drug and alcohol prevention and treatment programs
- Specialized services to families in Meriden and Wallingford where children are at risk for neglect and abuse
- Consultation and educational services for community agencies and institutions
- Spanish language services in all our programs
Child Guidance Clinic For Central Connecticut, an established and trusted community resource, provides comprehensive evidence-based behavioral health services that promote wellness and resilience. Our collaborative, family-focused, culturally competent approach optimizes individual capabilities, which contribute to the growth of a strong community.
We fulfill our mission through these core values:
- Accessible services are respectful, responsive and affordable.
- Family-centered, strength-based interventions are solution-focused with measurable outcomes.
- Professional staff provide innovative, educational and empowering services.
- Resources are fully optimized through a sound business model.